The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy 13

5 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy 13 Empty Final Fantasy 13

Post  Ghost Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Waited in line last night for midnight launch. There were like 150 people there! it was crazy! Did get a free poster and mini strat guide though Very Happy Epic RPG is epic!
Ghost
Ghost
Forum Reaper
Forum Reaper

https://winbutton.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 13 Empty Re: Final Fantasy 13

Post  Do a Barrel Roll Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 am

I'm definetly going to have to try it out. I'm a big fan of them. I've played like all of the first 8. FF7 is probably one of the best though. I bought it for my PSP and have been addicted to it ever since. I also liked FF6 ( the one that was released for the Gameboy Advanced or the most recent version ).

Do a Barrel Roll
Hates white people

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Its different......but good. Takes a little while to get into the battle system. The summoning system is bad ass. I am about half way through disc 2 and so far the story is very linear.....Which kinda sucks, I miss the "Run around where ever you want trying to figure shit out" But I assume that will come later.
Ghost
Ghost
Forum Reaper
Forum Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Do a Barrel Roll Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:07 pm

That's pretty cool they used disks. It'll suck having to put both my harddrive but definetley worth it. I kinda like the games to be linear cause sometimes I'll get lost and be not know where to go but after you get the airship (im assuming its in there) I'd want to go back and do all the side-missions like in the other ones.

Do a Barrel Roll
Hates white people

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Disregard my first statement..... This game was an epic fail on Squares part. I am taking it back to Gamestop today for my much deserved instore credit. The game DOES NOt open up, You DO NOT get the fabled FF airship. There are VERY FEW side quests most of which are short lived. This game is GoldenAxe in cognitio. They sacrificed SOOOOO much for what I will admit are amazing graphics and a battle system that while fun at first quickly turns into a button mashing mess rather then a turn based ATB system. Please do not do like me and waste 16 hours hoping the game will open up to find out it wont......

After this let down all I have to look forward to for this year now is Reach and Fallout: New Vegas (Drool........This game WILL be epic)
Ghost
Ghost
Forum Reaper
Forum Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:32 pm

They messed up this game so badly I can't even describe my disappointment. Anyones who has played previous FFs know that they're linear but in a way that's "open" if that makes any sense. Where you've got entire cities and towns and the world feels unique but the main focus is moving through the story. But there's that kind of linear and then there's this games kind of linear where you're essentially being pushed through a pipe with pretty wallpaper for 50 hours straight. With only some CGI to break it up. And even for a JRPG, the story makes fuck all sense.

Final Fantasy 13 2010-01-04

All because they focused on a new engine and graphics and ran out of time. Idiots. I've never been more disappointed in a game in my life. And if I hear one more person tell me the battle system in this game requires strategy I'll strangle them. If they think this game requires strategy to remember when to change paradigms every few minutes to heal, then they'll cry blood going up against the simplest of bosses in 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10. Hell, even in 12.

And now my search for a decent JRPG to play continues...
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Spot on Jak. I am guessing the people that say the battle systems require strat never beat the Weapons from 7, Atomos from 9, Alpha, Omega and Shinryu (Easily the hardest optional RPG battle EVER) from 5, Plauge, Ogopogo or Bahaumut from 2. Or hell even Gogo from 3!
Ghost
Ghost
Forum Reaper
Forum Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Do a Barrel Roll Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Wow lol. Sounds like it really sucks now. I might rent it just to see how I like it myself but if its as bad you say it is I probably won't have it for that long. I'm also looking forward to Fallout New Vegas. I really liked Fallout 3 so more than likely I'll love this one. I also waiting to hear more about the new CoD. MW2 is kinda bad with a new glitch every month it seems.

Do a Barrel Roll
Hates white people

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:34 pm

It's not "bad" but more like a "bad FF" that's been dumbed down like a lot of games currently are which I thought FF was immune from. It takes about 20 hours for it to open up at all and even then the "open" parts would be considered the linear parts in other FFs.

Ever since Square joined up with Enix after FFX, it's taken longer for the games to come out and they haven't matched the same quality either.
Final Fantasy 13 E271e2d4afd45559dfd398aa27c904ef

My hope is on Versus XIII to pull through. But who knows when that'll show its head again. I've heard rumours about E3 but who knows. It's always looked better to me tbh. It gives of that vibe that FF should.

Also, Hironobu Sakaguchi is making a new game. He's the guy who created Final Fantasy and worked on them all until after X was made. After he left Square, they merged with Enix. And he founded Mistwalker which so far has made Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.
It's for the Wii and there's no trailer yet but it's the name and logo that's interesting:
Final Fantasy 13 Www.totalvideogames.com_70349_The-Last-Story

Look familiar?
Last - Final
Story - Fantasy
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Static Jak wrote:It takes about 20 hours for it to open up at all
Forget what I said here. Soon after it reverted back to the same horrible crap. I can't even bring myself to finish it. I've no interest in the story, the characters or any other part of the game to warrant playing any more than I have.
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  CkSned Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 pm

it never has been a game that interests me. Thats why i didnt buy it Smile
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

https://www.youtube.com/CkSned

Back to top Go down

Post  Destructo Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 pm

It was developed for the 360. That's why. Razz

Maybe XIII Versus/Versus XIII/w.e will be good.
Destructo
Destructo
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down